Do you blog on the weekends?
How about holidays?
I normally don't read blogs or write on my own blog most weekends or holidays. Of course then I am left with the problem of too much to catch up on plus it's Tuesday and that's the day I always post the Hodgepodge questions sooo...
I think today I'll share just a few of the Memorial Day weekend highlights before tacking the Hodgepodge questions on at the end.
Like an afterthought.
Except they're not.
Those Hodgepodge questions require a lot of thought.
Back to the weekend... let me just say that the weather was fab-u-lous!
Saturday morning was clear and bright so we fired up the MG and took her for a spin.
Fired up is some sort of fancy car talk.
Basically it means hubs started the engine.
Fired up sounds more Top Gear though don't you think?
Does anybody watch Top Gear?
Does anybody think I'm a tad obsessed with all things British?
Sometimes people freak out a little when they glance over and see me rummaging thru my purse or looking behind me or talking with my hands when they think I should be driving.
It usually takes them a minute to realize I'm not the driver.
And that I have no steering wheel.
We bought breakfast to go from Paneras and sat by the lake to eat.
It's been a long time since we've seen you around here on a weekend.
And do you know, it shone the whole weekend?
God Bless America!
Chipmunks were hunted.
flags were flown...
We may have had a little company.
Memorial Day means a parade.
In towns large and small all across America.
In our small town.
Honoring those who gave everything in service to their country.
So thankful to be born in a country that is free.
So thankful for those who have fought to make it so.
So grateful for those who continue to do just that.
And now, here are the questions for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Come back tomorrow (that would be Wednesday even though it will feel like Tuesday) to link answers-
1. Have you ever been to the US capital-Washington DC? If so, what's your favorite site? If not, what would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit?
2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride? If you're single, is summer the season of your dream wedding?
3. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries?
4. What is one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer?
5. Do you use/like the self checker at the grocery store?
6. Share a favorite piece of common sense advice.
7. Barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes, sassy sandals-your first choice for summertime?
8. Insert your own random thought here.