If you're playing along in the Hodgepodge today, add your link to the party and then go say hi to your neighbors. Here are my answers-
Literally? No. I've been in SC for a few days and it definitely feels like summer is ready to pop down here. Back home our trees are still bare. Spring is showing up here and there in the Garden State, but we sit up high so we're still wearing coats and have the heat running at night.
If you mean figuratively, then yes. I've learned to always bloom where I'm planted.
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being no big deal, and 10 being full scale panic, rank your fear of spiders.
I'm going with a 6. Unless it's one of the ginormous crunchy kind, in which case I'm a 10. My daughter2 (who ranks at least a 12) shared this with me the other night-
photo credit- http://themetapicture.com/taking-care-of-spiders/
Pretty much sums up how she feels about spiders.
3. May is National Salad Month (who knew???)...besides lettuce, what are two must have ingredients in your favorite salad?
Cucumbers and black olives.
It's not a salad without cucumbers.
4. I mentioned on my blog last week that my Daughter1 will be moving to Washington State after she is married. Of the following sites in the Northwest, which would you most like to see in person-Crater Lake (Oregon), Seattle (Washington), Vancouver (British Columbia), San Juan Islands (Washington), Mt Rainier (Washington), Oregon Coast (Oregon), Mt St Helen's ((Washington), or Olympic National Park (Washington)?
Well I do believe I will get to see all of the above in the next five years, but if I can only pick one I'm going with Mt Rainier. We love to hike and love the mountains so that's definitely on my list.
5. This coming weekend marks the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby...when did you last race (literally or figuratively) to cross a finish line?
Yesterday. Reception venue booked. Now we just need to see if the groom can make the date. Ha! You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. Planning a wedding with the US Army means you have to kind of put the cart before the horse. Reception venue tentatively, sorta-kinda booked. Maybe.
6. What is something little you love?
7. Would you say you are more of a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learner?
Definitely visual. I need to see something to understand it. I think I used to be much more of an auditory learner, but the post-50 brain needs pictures to go with all the words. Sad, but true.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Using the random space again this week for my A-Z Challenge post, and since today is the last day of April its also the last day of the challenge. Whoohoo! I'll be the first to admit that this years challenge has been uh, challenging.
Z is for zonked.
Congrats to all you A-Z ers who made it all the way through the alphabet! Not as easy as it sounds!
You are next...
This list will close in 6 days, 10 hrs, 19 min (5/6/2014 11:59 PM North America - Eastern Standard Time)