Is moving a break?
The HP will be back the week after (August 11/12) so check back then for a new set of questions. We're here today though, so let's get started.
1. I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-
Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?
Biggest struggle would probably be facing my fears head on. Does that come naturally to anyone? I will say I'm definitely better at it than I used to be.
Finding the good in life comes most easily to me.
I can always find the good.
2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?
I had a manicure this morning (Tuesday), so might have used the $20 towards that.
3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.
We're traveling to Canada via Maine and back again in the next week, so round trip works. We'll be attending a wedding in Prince Edward Island so trip the light fantastic also works.
4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?
This is hard. In thinking about all the possibilities I realize I'm quite mediocre at a whole bunch of stuff-ha! I'd love to be a great dancer, and as long as we're going to master the skill, sign me up for DWTS or the NYC Ballet.
5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book? Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?
I have not been swimming at all this summer which is so sad. I love to swim. There's a pool in the apartment complex where we'll be living in less than two weeks, so ask me again in August. And since I've enjoyed more than one ice cream cone a few laps in the pool are feeling necessary.
Hubs and I saw Jurassic World which I think qualifies as a blockbuster, have not camped, but have eaten corn on the cob because it's not summer without corn on the cob.
I haven't gardened because we're currently without a garden, haven't picked fruit off the vine, and I only accidentally unplugged thanks to a tornado wreaking havoc with the power for a long, hot, three days. I've been to a couple of minor league ballgames, and have read several books.
Have we taken a road trip? Um, yeah. We've been on the road more than we've been home.
6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?
Here are a few things I'd like to hear every candidate address, both sides of the fence or no side of the fence-
- What are the two biggest issues facing America today?
- Tell me why I should believe you're going to do what you say you're going to do.
- Do you support a pathway to citizenship for illegals currently living in the US?
- What about illegals brought here as minors? Do you support in-state college tuition for illegals brought here as minors?
- In a few short sentences tell me what America means to you.
7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer?
I Do by Holly Maher and Always Been You by Marie Hines.
True confession...those two songs are on my daughter's wedding video and it's possible I watch it once a week. Or twice. Maybe three times. Whatever. Here's the link if you somehow missed it when I linked to it twice before- Best Day Ever Link
Like I said...ob.sessed.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My girls are together in Washington this week. Makes my heart so happy.
"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost."~Marion C. Garretty