When you've lost your blogging mojo sometimes it helps to make a list, so how 'bout we try that?
1. I officially have bronchitis. I am so tired of coughing and hubs would say he's also so tired of me coughing. He tries not to say it and if he does it's mostly muttered under his breath, but I get it because I'm annoying even myself.
2. I've been coughing for three solid weeks, but finally waved the white flag and saw a doctor on Wednesday. I knew I didn't have the flu, nor did I want to get the flu, which is why I put off going to the doctor.
3. When she heard how many different airplanes I'd been on in the past month and a half she told me to go directly to the pharmacy for my prescription, then directly home to do absolutely nothing until I feel much much better. For the record I'm not that great at doing absolutely nothing, but I'm trying.
4. That's partly why I haven't been blogging, I just haven't had the energy or more importantly, the brain power.
5. Which is why you're reading this really interesting post all about my cough.
6. New subject (you're welcome!)...remember Valentine's Day? Ha! Hubs needed to be out of town on the actual day so we celebrated early beginning with this-
So pretty! Still sitting in that same spot a week later, and still pretty!
7. We met Daughter2 for lunch at a favorite burger spot in town and had a great time catching up with her in person. She is too adorable for words, and has the best, brightest smile of anyone I know. Nothing says love quite like a sweet and tender-hearted grown up daughter.
8. We ran some errands while we were in 'the big city, and later that evening hubs grilled steaks in the cast iron skillet, and made my favorite dessert-
Every kitchen needs a hand held torch.
In order for me to declare creme brulee a success, it must pass the spoon test. By that I mean when you tap a spoon on the crystallized sugar you need to hear the tap-tap-tap. I'll insert a little video clip, but these things never seem to work on my blog.
It might be me?
Suffice it to say, this one was perfection.
9. We've been looking for just the right coffee table for our covered deck and had something very specific in mind. We finally found it and broke it in last night.
Daughter1's in-laws came by for a casual supper and we dined
It's got a sweet little fire pit in the center that runs on propane, and we love it!
10. Lastly, the sunrises here. I know I over post this particular subject matter, but every single morning I just sit and watch the darkness turn all shades of pink and lavender and I need to share.
The sky literally changes color minute by minute and sometimes I miss the prettiest bit while fiddling with my camera or the door or my glasses...
Not today though. Today was especially gorgeous.
Happy weekend everyone!