As I was out power walking the other day I was thinking about how this whole home build process reminds me a little bit of pregnancy. I'm in no way implying the finished products are the same, but the processes in getting there definitely have a few things in common.
1. In those first few weeks of knowing you're all gaga over what's happening.
2. The first sign of 'movement' is exciting.
3. Also, you feel a little bit sick. It's the hormones in pregnancy and the realization of what you've signed on for in home building, but nausea all the same.
4. There's a lot to buy.
5. Those middle months are bliss, with lots of notable progress.
6. The last 'trimester' is when things get real.
7. You pray a lot.
8. A month feels like a year and you answer endless questions about the 'project'.
9. You eat things you shouldn't.
10. As you near the end of the process you snap at your husband just because.
11. Well actually it's because it feels like your 'due date' will never ever get here.
12. And then your 'due date' passes and you try not to think about it 24/7.
13. Except you pretty much think about it 24/7.
14. You're ready for this part to be over.
15. Soooo ready.
16. You take a lot of power walks in the hopes of somehow speeding up the process or at least working off some of the stress you feel at this new wrinkle in your timetable.
17. And then you're told it's all going to happen in one week's time and there's a flurry of activity and feelings of excitement mixed with is this really finally happening???
18. But mostly excitement.
19.When it's over you'll say it was worth it.
20. A dream come true.