1. Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Elaborate.
Hmmm...that depends on the task and the people. Sometimes a task just needs to be done, and sometimes people need people. I do love a good list and am something of a take charge personality, but I also care more about people than my to-dos so will always opt to put off a task if a deadline isn't involved. When you're 'retired', there's rarely a deadline involved.
2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day...do you own/wear pearls? If you're a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a 'pearl of wisdom' with us here today.
I love pearls and own a couple of strands. When your thoughtful hubs regularly travels to Asia you happily own pearls.
A pearl of wisdom for today? How about this-
"Ground yourself in the real meaning of the season and let this focus bring calm and purpose to all the Christmas preparations surrounding you." Kathryn Shirey, Pray Deep for Advent
3. Speaking of pearls...oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?
I like oysters. They're not my favorite seafood, but I like them. Best way?
tonging for oysters, Prince Edward Island
Right out of the water.
4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?
How about the men and women in blue? Or our nation's firefighters? Both have physically demanding, emotionally draining, incredibly important jobs to do and both have had an especially hard year protecting and serving this land we love, the people and the landscape.
5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced and it's a vibrant green, aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Click here to see the color.
I love it! I don't have the color in my home, but see it all around just outside my windows. I would definitely wear this color, and have a top that's close to it. I might look for something in this particular shade because I like to wear green.
6. Today I've had too much__________________.
Coffee? I don't normally drink more than a cup or two, but I was on the phone a good bit of the morning and got a little carried away with the coffee.
7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.
'...Then rang the bells more loud and deep, God is not dead nor doth He sleep...'
...A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices, for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn...'
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We don't have a lot of decorations outside this year, but I did put a tree on the screened porch, and I love it. I want to make it more woodland themed going forward, but this year I put anything that felt like it belonged out of doors on its branches. Right now a cardinal hangs beside skiing Santa, and that works for me!