1. Labor Day (in the US of A) is approaching...what's something you've labored over this year?
Ha...I do love it still. I've had to work my brain a little bit harder to come up with the questions this year, but as long as I continue to enjoy it each week I'll keep calm and Hodgepodge on.
2. What is one word to describe your 'job' or career?
3. What was your worst or least favorite job ever?
I've never had a job I truly hated, but I guess cleaning latrines as a CIT would probably top the list of 'least favorite'. I loved everything about being a CIT except for that whole latrine thing.
4. How do you measure contentment?
I'm not sure contentment can be measured...seems like people are either content or they're not. For me, contentment isn't found in things, nor is it found in my circumstances, be they grand or disastrous. In fact I think true contentment is often found in spite of my circumstances. Or maybe that's just when I'm most aware of how content I really am.
I don't think contentment means you quit trying and growing as a person, or that you settle for where you are at the present moment. I do think it means giving whatever it is my best effort, and then being satisfied and at peace in knowing whatever the outcome, God's grace is sufficient. Sufficient for the moment, the day, the circumstance, the challenge, the anything and the everything too. He knows the end from the beginning and when things don't go the way I wanted or anticipated, I remind myself I only see in part. He's got the whole big picture in His hands and that's good enough for me.
5. Pickles-like or dislike? What is something you eat that requires a pickle? Dill, bread and butter, sweet gherkins...what's your favorite kind of pickle?
Love! I like all pickles, but my new pickle addiction is the Clausen spicy dill. I like pickle relish in my tuna salad, and it's a must on a hot dog. Bread and butter pickles make me think of the relish tray at Thanksgiving so they're a favorite too.
6. In your current house-town-state, what is it you like living close to?
Hmmm...that's a toss up between this-
NYC-view of Columbus Circle/Central Park from The Mandarinand this-
I'm definitely part city mouse, part country mouse.
7. What is one thing on your 'want-to-do' list before summer draws to an official close?
Take in a sunset from a boat deck on the water.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
#7-happening this weekend!