Hello Hodgepodgers! If you've answered the questions today add your link at the end of my post. We've had a few newbies join our Wednesday party in recent weeks, so if you have a minute hop over to a blog you haven't visited before and say hi. And be sure to leave a comment for your neighbor in the link list. That's how we keep the Hodgepodge rollin' right along.
I'm not sure I've done anything lately that could be described as super? Maybe something related to home decorating?
2. The last thing you ate that tasted superb?
Two weekends ago I made an overnight French Toast recipe that my company thought was superb. It's so easy to do and so delicious. You will find the recipe here.
3. Supersensitive, superstitious, superwoman, superambitious, supercilious, supervisor, superficial...pick a super word from the list and tell us how it relates to your life in some way recently or currently.
The list of projects I want to accomplish round here feels superambitious.
4. Do you love easily? If you're comfortable doing so, explain why you think that is.
Yes, and I think it's probably because I've always felt loved. As a child, as a wife and mother, and most of all I'm secure in the knowledge that Jesus loves me. Not saying I haven't encountered people who are hard to love, but I'm an eternal optimist who believes the best about everyone so yeah, I tend to love easily.
5. Valentine's Day lands on a Tuesday this year. Will you mark the day in some way? If you're celebrating with a dinner out somewhere will it be on Tuesday or will you celebrate over the weekend?
As far as Valentine's Day goes, hubs and I usually exchange cards but no gifts. I do send a little something to my girls because that makes me happy. In recent years hubs and I have had the tradition of cooking a new recipe together at home. We eat out a lot, plus restaurants often do a set menu or fixed price and eh.
We've been looking at recipes to try, but haven't settled on one yet. And I'm not sure if we'll cook on Tuesday or over the weekend, but I think it will feel more leisurely and enjoyable to cook on Saturday so that's my plan.
6. What's something you are loving right now?
I might be a teensy bit obsessed with online shops selling smocked children's clothing. This shop in particular. Also this one. And I can't wait to buy one of the bonnets sold here.
7 Write a three word (or less) phrase you'd like to see on a Valentine candy heart.
Love Never Fails
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Raise your hand if you've been enjoying those tiny little conversation hearts for a couple of weeks now. #sorrynotsorry