Welcome to another edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. I'm assuming everyone read the blurb at the top of yesterday's post, but for those who missed it the HP will be taking a little holiday next week. That means no Hodgepodge on August 20th. I need a week to catch up round here, and hopefully you all need that too. We'll return to our regularly scheduled programming the following week-August 27th, which if you can believe it, will be the last HP in August.
Now back to today. Here are my answers...add your link at the end of my post, then hop over to the blogger who linked before you and leave a comment. It's the neighborly thing to do.
Coffee in my cup. Seriously.
Also, "...His mercies are new every morning..." Lamentations 3:22-23
2. Given a choice, which animal interaction would you most like to experience (or for you non-adventure lovers...which would you dislike the least?)-swim with the dolphins in one of several locations in the Florida Keys, a lion encounter ten miles from Victoria Falls (Africa), or a day at a remote base camp high in the Big Sur wilderness via the Ventana Wildlife Society helping track California Condors?
Hubs and I had so much fun on our dolphin swim last week, I'd do that again in a heartbeat, but...given the choices above I think I'd choose the lion encounter because a) lion cubs and b)Victoria Falls. I wouldn't turn down the Condor tracking either though, because I love bird watching and am all about great views too. I read there are amazing views in that one.
3. What is something you fear about old age? Something you look forward to?
I don't know if I'd call it fear, but the idea of losing my memory is probably my biggest anxiety when it comes to growing old. Something I look forward to? That's easy-grandchildren!
4. Hot sauce...are you a fan? If you answered yes, what's something you make/eat that must have hot sauce? On a scale of 1-10, how hot is too hot?
Definitely a fan, and I must have hot sauce in my guacamole. As far as how hot is too hot, I don't like hot for the sake of hot. I like to taste my food. I think a solid 6-8 is perfect. 9 or 10 is sometimes too much. Hubs would disagree, and say there is no such thing as too hot.
5. It's been said that children learn what they live. What do you think children learn at your house?
I hope children in my house learn that life is an adventure meant to be lived. That it requires bending and stretching and changing and trying. That laughter is good for the soul. That when things don't go according to plan you can make a new plan. I hope they learn to dream big. Most of all I hope they learn the Maker of heaven and earth knows their name and holds them in the palm of His hand. That He has a plan for their lives and nothing can separate them from His great love.
6. What's your favorite movie with a number in its title?
Apollo 13. One of my favorites, period.
7. Saturday (August 16th) is National Tell A Joke Day...share one here.
Did you hear about the red ship that collided with the blue ship?
Both crews were marooned.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is my father-in-law's 80th birthday, which I think deserves a mention. Happy Birthday to the king of corny jokes, our resident antiques aficionado, coffee consumer, and Grandpa extraordinaire!
Also, last week I mentioned my Daughter2 was the happy new owner of a rescue greyhound. Several of you said you wanted a picture so meet Gemma...she is an absolute love!
Her owner is pretty sweet too!