The packers have been here all day and my house is a complete jumble so of course blogging makes perfect sense. I have about a dozen lists going just now, so what's one more?
1. Seeing some of the items going into boxes reminds me I really should have been more ruthless in getting rid of a few things, particularly in the kitchen. One poor packer has been wrapping dishes the whole ding dong day.
Actually there were two of them wrapping dishes most of the day, but I'm pretty sure the #2 guy couldn't take it anymore so he moved on to the picture frames.
2. I might have too many dishes.
3. And picture frames.
4. That's the kind of thing I'll worry about on the other end.
5. Except all of our belongings are going to storage, so I probably should have worried a little more on this end.
6. Oh well.
7. In cleaning out drawers and closets and cupboards I have come across approximately 45 keys, 1001 paper clips, and at least fifteen eyeglass cleaner cloths. We won't discuss the envelopes, pens, or hole punchers.
8. Neither hubs nor I can figure out what any of these keys lock or unlock. Most likely they belong to lock boxes we no longer own, luggage long since retired, garages in homes sold in decades past, gym lockers in gyms we no longer visit, and your guess is as good as mine.
9. We did find the key to our desk so not a total wash.
10. We rented an apartment today. Hello 1984! That's the last time I rented an apartment, back when hubs and I were newlyweds. We'll be cozy this next year-ha! I'm excited though, because guess who is going to be my neighbor?
She's excited too, mostly because she's a teacher and Monday is the last day of the school year, but also because her momma is going to be nearby for a change. Hello 2008! That's the last time I lived less than 700 miles from my girl. I feel sure I'll have more to say about this another day.
11. So in that way we like to do things, which is complicated and everything all at once...the a.c. on my car has been acting up. Third summer in a row which is super annoying. We've made two big expensive repairs the past two summers, but now they are saying it's a-nother bigger expensive part that needs replacing. Hubs called me from the dealer and asked how I felt about a trade in today.
Whaaaat? Is he serious? He was serious. Did he forget we were moving today? Isn't that enough for one day?
Yes. It is.
Even my pup says so, and she should know...
...she's an old hand at this move stuff.