1. I read here four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Will you add it to your August?
I have a calligraphy program my girls gave me for Christmas, but honestly the house build has consumed (and continues to consume) so much of my time I haven't wanted to add anything new to the mix. I'm anxious to try calligraphy, but want to give it the attention I'm sure is required, which means I need a clear head and space to work. How 'bout you ask me again in November?
2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, 'To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.' Agree or disagree? Explain.
Who asked this question??? It's a toughie. I think I mostly agree. Is having everything we want whenever we want it true happiness? Don't we need that period of wanting to help measure happiness? I think wanting is an essential part of what makes us happy with the eventual getting.
3. August 17th is National Thriftshop Day...are you a 'thrifter'? If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds.
In a word, no. I'm not a thrifter. I've tried to like it but nope, still don't. I admire people who can take something in less than stellar condition, clean-paint-redo in some way and make it fit their home and style, but that's just not me. Nor am I someone who can weed through stacks of clothes and find something I absolutely must have. I've got oodles of patience for lots of things, but this is not one of them.
4. On a scale of 1-10 (1=almost none and 10=loads) how would you rate your sense of wanderlust? What kicks your wanderlust into high gear?
I'm going with an 8. What kicks my wanderlust into high gear? Pretty pictures of far away places, friends living in far away places, travel websites, travel quotes, scrolling through my Passport, Pinterest, and most of all actual travel.
"I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world."
~Mary Ann Radmacher
5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? How so?
Going with a sprint this month, since we're on the last lap (so to speak) of our house build. Suddenly it feels like the finish line is within reach. Overall the process has been definitely more of a marathon, but we're sprinting through August.
6.What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives?
Y'all will be glad when we're through building because then I can quit using it as my answer for every single question asked, but...I still need a few things to make the house feel like home. Our build should be wrapping up about the time fall officially arrives.
7. What's the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time?
Swimming in the lake
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Daughter2 and I celebrated her first day of kindergarten last night with that quintessential summertime treat-the snowball. Our local stand has 100 flavors including dill pickle. Haven't tried that one yet, but I'm definitely tempted. This one is a cantaloupe/honeydew combination.
Have you had a snowball this summer?