Welcome to the latest edition of our weekly Wednesday Hodgepodge. Everyone is invited to play...just answer the questions on your own blog or facebook page and then link back here to share answers. Be sure to include a link to this post so visitors to your blog can hop over and read more.
1. Have you ever been to the capital of the USA-Washington DC? If so what's your favorite site? If not, what site would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit?
I have been to DC umpteen times. We lived in the Annapolis area for nine years so DC was just a short hop down the road. I love DC and the Georgetown area in particular. My favorite site? That's easy-I'd have to say my daughter : )
If I have to pick an actual tourist attraction I'd say that I especially enjoyed a behind the scenes tour of the Capitol we took one summer. And I also love the Smithsonian museums. That being said, my absolute favorite sites in DC are the monuments at night, The Vietnam Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery.
This picture was taken when it was at least 175 degrees outside and we'd been traipsing around the city with houseguests all the live long day. Oh my word...just look at those little girls! Now one of them is actually employed in this town. Time is crazy people!
2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride? If you're single is summer the season of your dream wedding?
We attended a really lovely wedding last October in Naples Florida which I wrote about here. It was an entire weekend of events celebrated with old friends in a gorgeous setting. We have a wedding on the calendar this July that I know will be a lot of fun too.
Yes, I was a June bride...
We're approaching the big 2-7 very soon.
fyi-when it comes to years married they are all big.
3. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries?
On the lawn at Wimbledon.
If that's not possible my next favorite option would be shortcake or angel food cake topped with strawberries and whipped cream.
4. What is one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer?
I will be attending two little reunions this summer-one in July with some sorority sisters where I'm sure we'll laugh til we pee our pants...it is that sort of crowd. Girls (they will always be girls to me!) with whom you can completely relax and be yourself.
The other reunion is special too... fellow camp staff from summers long gone but never forgotten. We've managed to re-connect on
where else? facebook and one of the girls has organized a little mini reunion. It's coming up really soon and I'm excited for both the catching up and the looking back. Oh, and I'm pretty sure there will be singing. What is a camp reunion without singing?
5. Do you use/like the self scanner at the grocery store?
I have a love hate relationship with this device. I like the fact that its usually faster. Except when its not. 'Please wait for an attendant.' 'Please remove the last item from the scanner.' 'Please wait for an attendant.' There is definitely a knack to using the machine and that's fine so long as I'm not behind someone who doesn't know there is a knack.
6. Share a favorite piece of common sense advice.
Pay attention to the still small voice inside you.
7. Barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes, sassy sandal-your first choice for summertime?
I don't wear tennis shoes in the summer unless I'm going walking. Flip flops or cute sandals are my #1 pick.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm going to see Mr. KC in concert this summer-love him!