Let me put it this way-at one point on Sunday afternoon I heard hubs rummaging around upstairs and asked him what he was doing. His answer?
He said he was bored and needed something to do. I'd feel sorry for him, but I'm too busy feeling sorry for myself.
My voice is back, but I'm still like a toddler when it comes to my ear. No wonder kids whine when they have an earache. Remember when you were a kid and you'd sometimes get water in your ear while swimming? You'd get out of the pool and tilt your head sideways, and then hop up and down on one foot hoping it would clear?
Yeah. That's me.
Except I haven't been swimming.
I still have four days of antibiotics so here's hoping.
Nobody really wants to know this do they? I mean everyone has something right now and I know I don't read blogs hoping to hear people blabber on and on about every minor ache and pain.
But my eeeearrr. It's so annoying.
Let's change the subject.
Do you know what else I neglected to blog about this weekend?
The weather, which happens to be another topic I don't go searching for in my blog reading, but since you're already here I guess I might as well catch you up. We had a sprinkling of snow on Friday night and today it's raining ice.
Actually it kinda was.
Saturday morning it looked like someone had sprinkled that pretty decorator sugar all across our front lawn. For the record, the above photo is not my front lawn. That's the frozen lake in tiny town, and hubs and I had lunch in a pub just opposite there on Saturday.
We had Sunday lunch opposite a different, but equally lovely lake in another tiny town.
People were out on the ice on this one. Way out. In the middle of the lake, fishing and playing. Makes me nervous, but hubs said it was super thick. There were quite a few people ice sailing which looked like a lot of fun.
Hmmm...it seems like I'm catching you up on my weekend after all. Do you like mussels? We had some of the most delicious mussels for lunch on Sunday-
The broth was super scrumptious.
I think that's about it. How 'bout some Hodgepodge questions? Answer these on your own blog and then scoot back over here on Wednesday to link up with the rest of the Hodgepodge peeps. If you're new here feel free to join the party....the more the merrier!
1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49's in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
2. Share something you're a fan of these days?
3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I'm talking the edible appetizer kind. What's your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?
4. As long as we're talking sports today...have you followed the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?
5. What's a question you hate to be asked?
6. The coaches in this Sunday's big game happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?
7. What's your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?
8. Insert your own random thought here.