The first Hodgepodge of a brand new year...thanks for playing along! Add your link to the bottom of my post before you run off to visit the neighbors. Here are my answers~
1. How did you ring in the new year?
Quietly, but we were awake when the ball dropped which should count for something.
Daughter2 doesn't return to school until next weekend so we made fondue and watched movies and played umpteen games of Skip-bo. Whoohoo!
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
Daughter2 will be completing her Master's Degree in 2013, and that's pretty exciting. Mostly when I think about the year ahead, I look forward to filling a blank slate.
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, 'All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives.' What say you?
I disagree. I hope the person I am at the core doesn't change from year to year. As we grow and mature and experience life of course we may tweak some of our beliefs about particular issues, but that's not the same thing as changing our core. Most of us have a moral center that hopefully isn't twisting whichever way the wind blows.
I do think there may be years in a person's life where they encounter situations, hardships, or challenges that fundamentally change them, but normally that's not something we encounter every single year.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
I love this shade and have at least one top this color in my wardrobe now-
C'est moi. There were real life friends in this picture, but I used the magic scissors and cropped. I normally like to warn my real life peeps if they're going to be making an appearance on this side of the pond.
I do think emerald green is a color most people can wear-it looks good on all skin tones. My home is done more in the red-gold-navy tones so I probably won't be adding emerald to my decor.
5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?
I think it's safe to say I've never met a gemstone I didn't like.
My favorite is my birthstone-a sapphire.
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
I read a lot and could make a very long list here, but two I read recently and enjoyed were-The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Steadman and Sister by Rosamund Lupton.
As far as movies go, it's also hard to choose just one. In 2012 I really liked Argo, Skyfall, The Life of Pi, Lincoln, and The Hunger Games.
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
I saw this on Pinterest not long ago, and it has really stayed with me. Words to live by in 2013-
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Still in holiday mode here.
Happy New Year!