2. Boot camp. Still hanging in there. Some previously undiscovered and consequently underused muscle aches after every class, never the same two twice. Shhh...don't tell anyone, but I'm starting to look forward to the workouts. That's progress people.
3. Daughter1 is coming home for the weekend and she's bringing her boyfriend. This will be his first trip to our house, and also his very first visit to the Garden State. He lives in warm and sunny South Carolina and doesn't own a lot of 27-degree outerwear. I think he's worried.
4. I took my car in for routine service yesterday, and we all know what that means. It means they will find something to repair and you won't get out of there for less than a jillion dollars. Okay, a little less, but not much less.
5. Both of my book clubs met this week. Club numero uno read The Dinner by Herman Koch which got mixed reviews in our group. If you've read Defending Jacob, and I have, then the storyline will feel familiar and not as well written.
Club number 2 read The Whip by Karen Kondazian. This book was inspired by the true story of Charley Parkhurst, a stagecoach driver for Wells Fargo. There's a lot more to it than that, but I don't want to give anything away. The Whip has won several awards in the category of Historical Fiction, and while the language is a little gritty, I liked the book and am once again feeling thankful I live in the 21st century.
6. Makes me twitch only slightly to end with a random #6, but I felt like this post needed a photo. Last weekend my girls were together in South Carolina, and both boyfriends were also in town. That may sound like no big deal, but it doesn't happen often so I insisted they snap a photo. And since they're all about making momma happy-
Enjoy your weekend everyone!