1. Who's excited to see the new Beauty and the Beast movie? I'm especially excited the film opens while my Daughter1 is in town so I can see it with both my girls
2. We had the last of our guest room window treatments installed this week and I love the way they turned out. I had Roman shades made for this room, which work well for both sleeping (they're lined) and enjoying the beautiful view outside. The letters on the wall are made of tin with birch bark going all the way around their exterior. I bought them at a super cute shop in Waynesville North Carolina called Robin Blu.
This guest room is nearly finished, which is what I say about pretty much every room in the house, but this one really is nearly finished. I need to get lamps for the bedside tables and then it's done. I think.
3. I have two chairs currently being reupholstered and I'm hoping he finishes them up this weekend. One is a recliner we've had for a number of years and I'm excited to see the new look. I was never that crazy about the original fabric, and this will be a big change from that so I think I'll love it. That chair will be going in another guest bedroom, and once I get it back I'll post a picture. Probably.
The other chair our upholsterer has in his possession is what we refer to as 'the dog chair'. Our sweet pup claimed the most comfortable chair in the house when she was just a few weeks old, and we let her. It's a club chair and had an ottoman with it so I purchased enough fabric to cover both the chair and ottoman. That ottoman mysteriously went missing somewhere between NJ and SC which was so aggravating. My upholsterer said he could make me one, and I'm anxious to see how it all turns out. The club chair and ottoman are going in our bedroom which means that room is nearly complete. Nearly.
4. We have a very small print of the Manneken Pis we purchased in Belgium and we like to hang it in a bathroom because that's where it belongs. If you're not familiar with the famous statue in Brussels you can read about it here.
The walls in our bathroom were too big for the print so hubs had the brilliant idea to put a larger glassless frame around it and problem solved. I love it-
5. Finally, Daughter2 and her boyfriend came out to the lake for Sunday lunch last weekend, and we had fun playing pool afterward in the downstairs great room. Here's a peek at the far end of the room which is mostly done. The other end isn't even close. I will eventually post a picture of the whole thing, but in the meantime here's a cute picture of my girl-
Happy weekend everyone!